From: "Dave Lyons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 11:59 AM
Subject: easier in cf then asp, but i need it in asp

Sorry for posting this here but no one seems to know on the asp boards.
I pretty much have this figured out in cf but not as easy in asp.
I have a clients site that is in asp and they need to track when a person
logs in
for example, they need to be able to pull up employee "A" and see their
login history, As they are supposed to be logging in at certain intervals.
They dont want any additional pages or buttons to push, so when an employee
logs in it also inserts a new entry into the db table called
"tblTrackLogins"
I dont believe you can do a login and insert at the same time in ASP. The
only way I have really been able to do this is to post the login form to
another page and then have them hit a submit button to insert it but they
dont want that.
The only entry I really need to pull is their "username" and then just have
the db insert the "Now()" when created.
BTW, ASP & Access 2000

thanks!

Dave