I am permitting a user to upload their resume as an option when inquiring
for employment. This file should never exceed 1Mb and will usually be much
less. I'm using cffile to write the file to the server, then attaching it
with cfmail to go to my client.

How can I detect the size of the file prior to upload to prevent someone
from maliciously uploading a 100MB file (or worse!). I know I can see it
with #file.filesize# but this is only after the upload, right?

I want to not upload at all if the file is bigger than 1MB. How can this be
done?

Thanks!

--

Chris Giminez