>Can I do a structure in a structure?  For example, I have a "Customer" that
>can contain a "Company" and one for more buying and billing people:
>
>Module  defCustomer.cfm:
><cfscript>
> attributes.Customer.Key=0;
> attributes.Customer.IsCompany = False;
> attributes.Customer.IsDeleted = False;
> attributes.Customer.PeachtreeKey = "";
> attributes.Customer.BuyingPeople = ArrayNew(1);
> attributes.Customer.BillingPeople = ArrayNew(1);
> Company = StructNew();
></cfscript>
>
><cfmodule template="defcompany.cfm" Customer="#Company#">
><cfset attributes.Customer.Company = StructCopy(Company)>
>
>defCompany.cfm:
>
><cfscript>
> attributes.Company.Key=0;
> attributes.Company.Name = "";
> attributes.Company.Type = "";
> attributes.Company.IsDeleted = False;
></cfscript>
>
>If I CFDump attributes at the end of defCustomer, Customer.Company shows
>empty;  I don't see the defined structure.

I really don't understand the the logic here.

What value are you passing to the module defCompany module?  If you are trying to pass
the Company structure to the module then you should define the company structure first.

If you are trying to expose the variable created in the module to the calling template
then your module should do something like this: caller.Customer =
StructCopy(attributes.Customer).

Your code really confuses me here:

  ><cfmodule template="defcompany.cfm" Customer="#Company#">
  ><cfset attributes.Customer.Company = StructCopy(Company)>

However if I understand your objective:

  ><Can I do a structure in a structure?  For example, I have a "Customer" that
  ><can contain a "Company" and one for more buying and billing people:

Then something like this.

<cfoutput>
<cfscript>
        attributes.Customer.Key=0;
        attributes.Customer.IsCompany = False;
        attributes.Customer.IsDeleted = False;
        attributes.Customer.PeachtreeKey = "";
        attributes.Customer.BuyingPeople = ArrayNew(1);
        attributes.Customer.BillingPeople = ArrayNew(1);

        attributes.Customer.Company = StructNew();
        attributes.Customer.Company.key = 0;
        attributes.Customer.Company.Name = "";
        attributes.Customer.Company.Type = "";
        attributes.Customer.Company.IsDeleted = False;
</cfscript>

<cfdump var="#attributes#">
</cfoutput>

Dwayne Cole, MS in MIS, MBA
Florida A&M University
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
850-591-0212

"It can truely be said that nothing happens until there is vision. But it is equally
true that a vision with no underlying sense of purpose, no calling, is just a good
idea - all "sound and fury, signifiying nothing."  The Fifth Discipline - Peter Senge