From: E. Keith Dodd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 7:45 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: site-wide error handler

Mahmut

I have site-wide error on all my sites, MX included.
Not sure what you have, but here is what I do:
1. In Application.cfm:
<CFERROR type="EXCEPTION" template="ErrorTemplate.cfm">
2. Then on ErrorTemplate:
a. Just a general statement that there has been some error and that email is
being sent to the webmaster.
b. Include a CFMail (I use html as know it will be acceptable to me) to send
me an automatic email message about the error:

<CFMail to="my email adress"
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  subject="My site Error Message"
  type="HTML">
  An error was recorded on The Site's website:
  1. Error:
  <hr width="75%">
  <ol start="2">
  <li>Date/Time: #CFError.DateTime#
  <li>Template: #CFError.Template#
  <li>QueryString: #CFError.QueryString#
  <li>Ref: #CFError.HttpReferer#
  <li>Browser: #CFError.Browser#
  <li>Remote: #CFError.RemoteAddress#
  </ol>
  Time: #DateFormat(Now(),"m/d/yy")# : #TimeFormat(Now(),"h:mm tt")#
 </CFMAIL>

That way, the user gets a user-friendly message and I get an informative
email.

Hope this helps.

E. Keith Dodd
Wings of Eagles Services