From: Jesse Houwing [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 4:31 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFMX App Server Error

Jeff D. Chastain wrote:

>Okay, this is getting really frustrating.  Whenever I start my machine,

>the CFMX App Server service is terminating with a 'service-specific
>error 2'.  Sometimes if I do a restart on my machine I can get it to
>start and work - other times, no joy.
>
>I have uninstalled CFMX and reinstalled it.  I have uninstalled it,
>IIS, everything that touches IIS, and reinstalled it all.  I still get
>the error.
>
>This is only happening on one box - if I load off of the same CD onto
>another box, it works fine.
>
>Any ideas?

This is probably because you log in automatically on your system, or at
leas that was the case with me. I made CFMX dependent on my IISAdmin
service, and it solved the issue. This delays the startup of CFMX a few
seconds which seems to do the trick. To do this you must edit your
registry, you'll need to start regedt32 for this:

HKLM (local Machine) -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlset -> Services ->
ColdFusion MX Application Server

create a key (type reg_multi_sz) called: DependOnService
and give it the value: IISADMIN

Now restart your machine and try again.

Jesse