> Is it possible to SmartCard enable a website? I've got
> a customer requiring that we support SmartCard devices
> - I was under the impression SmartCard website
> authentication happened at the workstation level using
> software to control user access to specific sites. Is
> this not the case? Is there actual code to integrate
> into an application to make it SmartCard aware?

You can use smartcard authentication at the workstation level to control
access to your web server, and to provide authorization for specific
functionality within your application. RSA SecurID provides this sort of
functionality:

http://www.rsasecurity.com/products/securid/techspecs/windows.html

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/