Bascially I need to create a search engine.  And the the spider would be
used to index links for the search engine

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 3:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Search engine spider

What do you mean by search engine spider (just to make sure we are all
on the same page)?

I am guessing you want to point a "spider" at a particular website, and
get back all the links from that page. Then point to each linked page
and get back all links from it, continuing until you run out of links?

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/13/03 03:00PM >>>
Well ASP, .NET of CF would work... I need to write a search engine
spider... I am just looking for a basic one to work with but in the end
I need to be bale to start it off somewhere and let it go.... Indexing
pages along the way in our datasource....

Eventually work on refinement so that I can send it out to look for
certain keywords etc....