Dave Watts wrote
>In general, I'm not a big fan of this approach,

Me neither, especially since not locking the session var in the
isdefined() as was shown in the original post is improper.  You would
have to lock the whole thing, cfif isdefined and all.

Client vars are, for my money, the Holy Grail with respect to completely
replacing session vars.  Scaleable to clusters, zero locking issues,
maintain state, and expiration can be controlled precisely like session
vars with about 2 lines of code in application.cfm.  Store 'em in a db,
tho'.  Leave the Registry alone at all costs.

My .02,