From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:23 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: MS Outlook Calendar - Pulling Data

> I do believe it is called either PUB.edb or PRIV.edb
> PUB.edb is the Public Folders, and PRIV.edb is the
> individual mailboxes of the users accounts
>
> good luck trying to get access to it/them.
>
> I dont remember which directory Exchange puts them in,
> but you can do a search/find. depending on the number
> of users with exchange accounts and the sizes of
> their mailboxes the PRIV.edb could be huge. I have a
> very small exchange server (10 users) and the PRIV.edb
> is 700+MB

For the love of all that's holy, please, please don't touch these files
directly. If you do, your Exchange server administrator will be forced to
kill you slowly, and even so, your fate will be better than you deserve. The
EDB files are exclusively locked by Exchange anyway, so you'd have to stop
the Information Store service to get to them, and people would probably
start complaining then about not being able to use Outlook.

If you want to access Exchange data, do it through the Exchange API. That's
why it has an API.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496