Rafael Alan Bleiweiss wrote:
> OK - all you MAC guru's - I'm finishing up a brand new CF ecommerce site
> using Javascript/DHTML/Stylesheets to generate dropdown tiered menus  and
> pulling the nav data from my database
>
> It's the first time I've ever done this kind of nav menu (ok - it's ancient
> technology   I know...) and it's awesome on PCs  but on Macs running IE 5,
> IE 5.1 or Netscape 4.7 the entire navigation menu shows up half way down
> the page from where it's supposed to be positioned!
>
> Either I need to know how to fix the code if that's the problem, or how to
> detect someone viewing the site with a Mac and IE or Netscape
>
> Also, if ANYONE has AOL  (MAC AND OR PC)  please also look and let me know
> if the nav menu on the left is positioned just below the Advanced Search
> link as it should be instead of halfway down the page???

Doesn't a MAC use a different dpi setting as a Windows computer? You are
using absolute positioning so it might make a difference:
startMenu('root', true, 3, 230, 176, hBar);

Also, in your browser of choice, take a good look what happens if
somebody resizes the font to something larger as the default. And
considering the size of the menu script, you might want to consider
putting it in a separate .js so the browser can cache it. And you should
drop by at http://validator.w3.org/

Jochem