From: Charles McElwee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 12:14 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMX Admin Does Not Accept Password

I've just installed CFMX with the stand-alone web server and admin would
not let me login.  I edited the neo-security file and set the
admin.security.enabled property to false and I got right in after
restarting the Application Server service.  But when I go into the CF
Admin Password page to set the password, the update fails - I see a
quick message 'Unable to set admin password' and then I'm thrown to the
login screen.  The neo-security.xml file is not changed to true.  I do
not know where the password itself is stored.  If I again restart the
app-server service, I get in and bypass the login.

Interestingly, I can enable/disable the RDS password without a problem
and see the changes in the security file.

Does anyone have any ideas?  It does not seem to be a permissions issue
(CFMX is running under the system account), but then again, I am not
sure.

Thanks, all.

- Chuck McElwee