On Sunday, Jan 19, 2003, at 23:22 US/Pacific, Dick Applebaum wrote:
> 1) is it possible to connect both of the above concurrently?

Not as far as I know. The way it works is you designate a bootstrap
server IP/port - the first one it looks at to identify which, if any,
servers are in the cluster - and then the jrunserver.store file has the
list of all the servers in the cluster.

> 3) Is it possible to connect multiple individual serevrs and/or
> multiple clusters concurrently?

Multiple servers yes, multiple clusters no.

Example: we have several web servers set to connect to several
instances on each of several app servers. Each CF instance (a JRun
'server') has multiple context roots for different applications. I
believe each server in a cluster has to be configured the same way in
terms of context roots.

> Is there any documentation on how to do this?

In the JRun docs, under clustering - bear in mind all of this sort of
thing depends on the underlying J2EE server and is, effectively,
nothing to do with CFMX.

Sean A Corfield -- Director, Architecture
Web Technology Group -- Macromedia, Inc.
tel: (415) 252-2287 -- cell: (415) 717-8473
aim/iChat: seancorfield -- http://www.macromedia.com
An Architect's View -- http://www.macromedia.com/go/arch_blog

ColdFusion MX and JRun 4 now available for Mac OS X!
http://www.macromedia.com/go/cfmxosx