only with Query of Queries.....ColdFusion doesn't give a stuff what SQL you
use as long as its valid for the DB or ODBC (etc) driver.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Brady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 21 January 2003 16:08
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: QofQ Joins

From: "Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX)" <Neil.Robertson-

>ColdFusion does not support OUTER JOIN or INNER JOIN syntax, as the
>following example shows it does however support INNER JOINs between two
>tables   :
>
>SELECT product_ID, shipping_ID
>FROM product, shipping
>WHERE product.product_ID = shipping.shipping_ID

Are you talking about only within Query of Queries (as Sean asked) or in
general.

Your example looks like a regular (non-QofQ) query, and I can tell you that
ColdFusion DOES support  Outer Join and Inner Join syntax (for at least SQL
Server and Oracle, if nothing else), because I use it all the time
(particularly in Oracle).

I don't think you can use any joins within a QofQ, because I don't think you
can query 2 separate queries. (However, I'm not certain of that, having
never tried it.)