It's really not that simple.

You are trying to do something that is very, very wrong.

=)

But a little more seriously, you are trying to pretend that url variables aren't split
up the way url variables are split up.

IIRC, the url variables are treated as a "&?" delimited list starting at the first ?
character.
Then it breaks each element of the list into name and value pairs with = as delimiter.

The problem is, it writes the variable each time it encounters one.

So you could run into problems like:

index.cfm?go=yes&url=http://www.asdf.com/index.cfm?x=x&y=y&url=jjjj

In this case, the url variable url would be set to jjj (not to http...)

I have seen (and been paid to fix) more than a few redirected websites just like this.

But if you absolutely need to do this, there is a variable called cgi.QUERY_STRING
that will tell you the complete string as it was passed.

Using finds, or regex, you will be able to parse through this info, and get what you
need.

(for example (horrible code, but hey...)

<cfset url=rereplacenocase(QUERY_STRING,".*url=(.*)$","\1")>

FWIW
Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/21/03 04:59PM >>>
I've tried the URLEncodedFormat and URLDecode but it still separates them.
It shows it correctly encoded in the html but that gets blown to hell once
you click the link. This is so freaking simple but I cant see what I am
doing wrong.

Phillip B.