From: Jim Campbell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 11:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Image toolbar

Even if you turn off the right mouse button with Javascript, I can easily
circumvent that with any decent web browser.  Instead of trying a bunch of
programmatic tricks, you might look at embedding an obvious watermark in the
photo itself, adding some information to the JPG headers, or using a digital
watermark.  One interesting practice I heard of was writing client
information into EXIF headers when they requested images and if they showed
up anywhere, you could see who grabbed them from your site.

Still, the web is an open platform.  The philosophical arguments against
making it dificult for people to view your images or page source aren't
really suitable for this forum.  However, technically, I think it's largely
unnecessary and bound to just frustrate your users.

- Jim