Unfortunately I do mean an honest to goodness Telnet session, with logins,
and ASCII screens collecting data and all that.  The application local users
use is "Reflection" that is set to use a VT102 emulation.  Can you give some
hints on where I, a telnet novice but very experienced cold fusion coder,
could go to get some information to figure out how to do this.

Just so you know, that I'm not completely out to sea, I don't need to access
the entire application on the HPUX through telnet.  I just need to get to
one screen, are repeatedly submit data to that screen for a "Batch" upload
through the web interface.  At least for now.  If this is a success, then
maybe more will be done with the web interface in the future.

Thanks
Ian Skinner
BloodSource
Sacramento, CA

PS.  I also sent you an e-mail through your website, but I thought I would
also reply here to add to the knowledge of the list.

PSS. FYI, the sad thing is that all the application on the HPUX does is
submit the data to a Oracle database.  And of course it would be a piece of
cake to directly connect to the database with cold fusion, but do to the
nature of the application and data, any program that modifies it must be
certified by the federal government, which the HPUX application is.  If I
wrote a Cold Fusion tool to do this, this new tool would have to certified,
a months long process, but by Telneting (is that a word?) to the certified
program's interface, we bypass that annoyance.