I posted this last week but no one seemed to have any ideas, or the
title wasn't interesting enough and I can't find any information
anywhere about this problem, so I thought I'd repost.

We recently added 1.5gb of RAM to our application server bringing the
total to 2.5gb. I changed the JVM Max Memory setting in CFAdministrator
but now I'm getting a Windows error 2 when CFMX starts and it's
reporting to my Server Monitor software that the ColdFusion MX service
is down. Everything works correctly (ie: can serve pages, etc.) but CFMX
isn't using the amount of memory I specified.

I set the JVM Max Memory setting to 1664mb (we have plenty to afford
this) and it tops out at around 600mb usage under heavy load and could
use the additional memory that's been allocated.

Even if I set the JVM Max Memory setting back to the default 512mb it
still gives this error.

I've double-checked the settings against another instance of CFMX
running in another location and they're identical except for this value
but one starts and the other won't. The only difference is I've never
changed the setting on the other server.

Anyone? Any Macromedians out there have a clue or know how I can get
Email support from Macromedia?

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net <http://www.garrisonenterprises.net/>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

*************
except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]