Ya Quick Test is coordinate based as well (since flash objects aren't
recognized)...I'll check out e-Test, thx!

Stace

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Churvis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 12:30 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: MM Using SilkTest to QA Rich Apps?

> Flash is interesting to load test. Tools like Silk Performer (and many
> others) can record all browser/server interactions and play them back.
> That's good for load testing (which is what my team has been doing).
>
> Regression testing UI is always hard and often labor intensive.

Flash has some special testing problems.  With V6.0 of e-TEST Suite you
had
to make sure your browser window was always in the same location and
sized
exactly the same during testing as it was during test creation, or test
mouse events with respect to Flash movies would miss their marks because
they were recorded as browser x,y coordinates.  V6.5 is supposedly
better at
working with Flash, though.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone:   770-446-8866
Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion
http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/