No - flash always takes the top layer -  what wmode="Transparent" does
is drops the background color of the flash movie so it is transparent.

The ONLY physical way you can get flash to appear below something is ...
find another way.

You can get creative wtih layers and CSS and JS with positioning and
move the flash movie on and off the stage - but you can't  have things
appear above flash in both browsers.

As for the scenario you are talking about -YOU can take a snap shot of
the Flash movie - embed that behind the iframe or layer - when the
iframe or layer is supposed to pop up - set teh flash movie's position
off stage - replace it with teh "snap" shot of the flash movie and it
will appear as if you have done it.

then when iframe or layer disappears - you reset the falsh movie back to
it's original position.

hope that helps