To save messing around with config files, I have found a quick way to
configure two instances of an IIS webserver running CFMX.  I am doing
this for security where I put my public website on port 80 and then run
my CF Admin on a second instance running on port 81.

My steps:

1. Install IIS.  This action will install the default web site on port 80
2. Add your second instance (ie. new>website>etc.)  with it's own
directory.
3. Give the second instance it's own port number, say 81
4. Stop default web site on port 80 while leaving the other instance on
port 81 running.
5. Install CFMX and let it detect the IIS web server and choose this
instead of the onboard webserver on port 8500.
6. When complete restart server and verify that the two instances are
servicing CFML pages.

What do you think of this approach?  Is it a good way or am I missing
something critical?
It was really hard finding documentation on how to change port numbers
between instances.  It is such a simple requirement but no comprehensive
document, only bits and pieces.

Hope this helps others,
Dave Adams
CFUG Ottawa