Exactly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lincoln Milner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 12:35 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Oracle and CF5

The Administrator just verifies it can connect to the datasource.  It's not
until you actually try querying something that the user tries to access any
schema.

So, if your CF user only has (I think) CREATE SESSION privileges, it can
connect to Oracle, but without permission to schema objects, it can't do
anything.

Verify the cfuser that you're connecting to the DB as has the privileges it
needs to do what you're attempting.  Conversely, using username & password
defined in the cfquery tag will override any DSN settings, and connect as
the user specified in the username attribute.

FWIW