Have you tried the recommendation from this TechNote?
http://www.macromedia.com/v1/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=22293&Method=Full

Deb

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 3:57 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RDS/Database views timeout under CFMX

Wondering if anyone might suggest a solution or direction to look in
solving a problem. When trying to expand the database tables list in the
CF Studio database tab we're getting a timeout error after about 30
seconds. The specific error is:

"The database objects could not be retrieved due to an error: Error -1
occured: The operation timed out."

The problem does not appear when accessing the database via CF5 Server,
only via CFMX. This particular database has a huge number of tables in
it so I'm guessing there must be a timeout setting somewhere in CFMX
that is controlling it. Smaller databases do not exhibit the problem.
The timeout that is kicking in is significantly shorter than the
timemout set in the DSN panel in CF Admin so I'm thinking this timeout
is being controlled elsewhere.

Has anyone seen and solved this problem already? Any ideas where I might
start a search...other than MM support. Not trying to shun them, just
prefer to investigate it a bit before whipping out my CC.  :)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ken