From: Benjamin S. Rogers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 3:45 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: File Not Found Error

Hello,

We're testing ColdFusion MX and it seems it performs a bit differently than
earlier versions of ColdFusion in regards to non-existent files.
Specifically, in earlier versions of ColdFusion, if we unchecked the "Check
that file exists" option in the IIS application extension mapping for .cfm
pages, then we could trap requests for non-existent .cfm pages in the
Application.cfm.

This no longer seems to be the case with ColdFusion MX. ColdFusion MX throws
a generic "File not found" error when requesting non-existent files. In
other words, ColdFusion MX doesn't run the Application.cfm before throwing
the error as prior versions of ColdFusion do.

I've tried editing the web.xml file and adding the following servlet
mapping:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

That seems to work for those folks using search engine safe URLs, but it
didn't work in our case. We even went so far as to boot the server and
delete all the class files after making the change. Nada.

Anyway, if we're missing something, or anybody has any ideas, we'd
appreciate it. We've poured over the configuration files, news groups and
forums, and every bit of documentation we can find and haven't come across
anything.

Thanks.

Benjamin S. Rogers
http://www.c4.net/