From: "Jesse Houwing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: Upload binary file and insert into Oracle

> Pete Ruckelshaus wrote:
>
> >I've never inserted files into a database before, so I just want to ask
some questions.  Also, please don't respond with "Just store the files on
the server's file system and not in the database"...I'm rebuilding an
existing app and this is the way it works.

> >I have an interface where a user will select and upload a binary file;
this file will then be stored in an Oracle 8.0.4 database.  All of the stuff
on the database side of things are set up since it's a working app now
(written in PL/SQL, being rewritten by me in CF5).