From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 3:06 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Clarification - CFMX for J2EE w/ Remoting

I don't really think it is a correct assumption that a single Flash
movie wouldn't want to call both CF and Java based services. There are
plenty of reasons why someone would mix CFML and Java on the backend and
if Macromedia is right about RIAs then mixed backends will need to be
able to be front-ended by Flash.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.montarasoftware.com/
888-408-0900 x901

is

> (for our purposes) the same as the one that comes with JRun. The only

> reason we cannot use the CFMX/J2EE Flash gateway is because the code
is
> written such that the gateway will only load adapters to support
> *either* CF-based objects or Java-based objects, but not both. The way
> it determines what adapters to load depends on what classes exist in
the
> current classloader's classpath. Therefore, if the Flash gateway finds
> CFMX/J2EE classes, it won't load adapters to support remoting to
> Java-based objects.
>
> Matt Liotta
> President & CEO
> Montara Software, Inc.