From: Ang=E9l Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 7:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Using Select Tags in optional Form Submissions

Hello!

I have a form, with four text boxes and a select box that is pulling =
data
from a Department Table to get available departments and their =
Department
IDs.

Now, the user can eitehr enter an Employee Name, ID, or select a =
department.
However, on the next page I have several <CFIF IsDefined....> tags to =
check
which field has a value in it, so that I know what to build the query =
on.

It's one or the other, they can't enter a Name, and an ID...AND a =
department
(wouldn't make sense to do that anyways heh heh).

But...for some reason the Department is always carried forward,even if =
the
user makes no selection.

I need to do this same thing on a couple other forms. Is it impossible =
use a Select box in this way?
Is a value ALWAYS sent when the user clicks submit, even if the user =
never
made a selection from the box?

I require a way around this, or some other way to simulate a combo box =
:-\
help help.
*waves arms frantically*

-Gel

in
the body.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFE747.107EE6B0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>RE: Using Select Tags in optional Form Submissions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is there a default value set for the Drop Down or are =
you using a CF PARAM tag?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm new at this, but I thought I would ask.&nbsp; I =
have had similar problems in the past.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Troy:)</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Ang=E9l Stewart [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>]</FONT>=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 7:01 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Using Select Tags in optional Form =
Submissions</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have a form, with four text boxes and a select box =
that is pulling data</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>from a Department Table to get available departments =
and their Department</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>IDs.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Now, the user can eitehr enter an Employee Name, ID, =
or select a department.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>However, on the next page I have several &lt;CFIF =
IsDefined....&gt; tags to check</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>which field has a value in it, so that I know what =
to build the query on.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>It's one or the other, they can't enter a Name, and =
an ID...AND a department</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(wouldn't make sense to do that anyways heh =
heh).</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But...for some reason the Department is always =
carried forward,even if the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>user makes no selection.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I need to do this same thing on a couple other forms. =
Is it impossible to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>use a Select box in this way?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Is a value ALWAYS sent when the user clicks submit, =
even if the user never</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>made a selection from the box?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I require a way around this, or some other way to =
simulate a combo box :-\</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>help help.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>*waves arms frantically*</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Gel</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><FONT =
sts/cf_talk" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=3Dlists=
&body=3Dlists/cf_talk</A> or send a message to =
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the =
body.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01BFE747.107EE6B0--