Hello list

I'm just a part time web guy,   I have a website for soccer where people are going to
signup for the league.   It will have personal information but no money transactions.
 Can someone point me to a website that would show how to do the basics in security
and encryption.   This is not any super secret stuff just peoples/kids name addresses
and phones numbers I can't spend a bunch of money but would like to secure from the
basic hackers,  I don't think this is a site people would try hard to break into but
since it has kids names I should do something.

I know I visit sites and it warns me that am about to send unsecured data and do I
want to.   How do I send it secured.

Thanks the help now and in the past

David