If I read the question correctly, the problem with client side javascript is
that it doesn't actually start the print job but rather displays the print
dialog. I believe he's looking for a way to start the print job on the
client side, which would probably require a browser plugin since javascript
doesn't allow this (I believe for security reasons or the like).

s. isaac dealey                954-776-0046

new epoch                      http://www.turnkey.to

lead architect, tapestry cms   http://products.turnkey.to

tapestry api is opensource     http://www.turnkey.to/tapi

certified advanced coldfusion 5 developer
http://www.macromedia.com/v1/handlers/index.cfm?ID=21816