On Wednesday, Feb 5, 2003, at 09:48 US/Pacific, Matt Liotta wrote:
> Sean, there appears to be different versions of the flashgateway
> bundled
> with different distributions. CFMX Enterprise has a flashgateway that
> seems to be different from the one that comes with CFMX for J2EE (Phase
> 1), and both are different from the flashgateway that ships with JRun4.

I'm not very surprised by that.

> None of the CFMX bundled flashgateways behave the way you've described
> (when adding the parameter DISABLE_JAVA_ADAPTERS). The flashgateway
> that

Hmm, strange. You're sure they set the parameter to false on the CFMX
gateway?

> ships with JRun4 is affected by that parameter, but only adversely, and
> only when it's set to false. Can you be more specific as to what
> version
> of the flashgateway this workaround applies?

Perhaps it only works in the CFMX for J2EE Phase II version... The
product team folks didn't say it was version specific for CFMX.

> Also, you may find it interesting that the version of the flashgateway
> that ships with JRun4 loads all the CF and Java adapters by default
> when
> running CFMX for J2EE on JRun4 (without the DISABLE_JAVA_ADAPTERS parm
> set to true).

Interesting indeed. Well, as I say, I'm only relaying what the product
team told me... sorry I can't be more specific.

Sean A Corfield -- Director, Architecture
Web Technology Group -- Macromedia, Inc.
tel: (415) 252-2287 -- cell: (415) 717-8473
aim/iChat: seancorfield -- http://www.macromedia.com
An Architect's View -- http://www.macromedia.com/go/arch_blog

ColdFusion MX and JRun 4 now available for Mac OS X!
http://www.macromedia.com/go/cfmxosx