> So with CFTransaction, the only reason to use <CFTRY>
> is if you want additional error handling? For example,
> if I want details every time this fails, I could use
> try within a transaction to capture failure reason? Is
> there a better way?

It's been my experience that you can capture the error information from the
CFTRANSACTION tag itself, so you could just wrap the entire thing in a
CFTRY, or use CFERROR TYPE="EXCEPTION" with the EXCEPTION="DATABASE"
attribute.

> Do you normally attempt to capture the reason that a
> transaction fails?

Not specifically, unless I have a relatively high expectation that it will
fail. Usually, I'll know ahead of time why it might fail, anyway. For more
generic, unexpected exceptions, I'd rely on a higher-level error handler,
such as CFERROR or even the site-wide error handler.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444