At a place I worked at several years ago we switched from Win2K to Linux
because Linux was a lot easier to administer remotely. All the production
servers were in a rack about 30 miles away and it was too much of a pain for
the admins to drive up there when the servers would get wedged. (On Linux
(and Unix in general) you can easily administer a box over a telnet session.
Good luck doing that w/Windows...)

Anyway, to put this back on topic, we had some trouble with
"Application.cfm" vs. "application.cfm". It was resolved pretty quickly,
though. Everything else went really well, except we ended up having trouble
because of Red Hat Linux not locking files on remote shares correctly. That
was a pain to code around...

So, in general, if you're going to write a CF app, I try to keep all the
files names lower case, and put most of the paths in Application.cfm to make
it as cross platform as possible. I don't go too crazy about it, though...
But you never know where you application going to end up--you could start
licensing your code, or the company could be sold, or your admins might want
to switch OS's.

   Jeff Polaski
   "The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk."