On Wednesday, Feb 12, 2003, at 05:26 US/Pacific, Dick Applebaum wrote:
> It works fine on the "Ugly" port of CFMX Enterprise to Mac  OS X
>
> On CFMX for J2EE Jrun  on Mac OS X i get the following error:
>
>    Error Occurred While Processing Request
>
>    The metrics service is not available.

Correct. The machinery that getMetricData() relies on is not guaranteed
to be present on general J2EE app servers so the generic CFMX for J2EE
version does not support it (I recall reading this in the Release Notes
or somewhere else). You can write something similar by accessing the
underlying JRun classes (I don't have details) - which would be
JRun-specific.

I don't know for sure whether this function is supported on any of the
CFMX for J2EE versions that are app server specific but I doubt it
(except perhaps the CFMX for JRun J2EE edition?).

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood