> Well, thank you both for responding. In a word that
> SUCKS big time. Sometimes I have to ask where is
> Macromedia brain at?

I think it's worth remembering that Macromedia, like any other company, has
finite resources available. Previous versions of CF used SiteMinder, a
third-party product that didn't integrate all that well with CF in many
respects. CFMX did away with that, and replaced it with working sandbox
security functionality. So, we gained some things and lost others. If enough
people complain via the wishform, Macromedia will probably expend resources
to add that functionality, though.

If you're not using RDS to browse databases, but just to edit files, you
might consider using WebDAV, which is provided by your web server, to edit
files. Unfortunately, Dreamweaver MX doesn't currently support WebDAV
through HTTPS, apparently, but if you don't need that, it's a relatively
easy solution to implement.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496