> I have an instance of a PlumTree portal sitting on a set
> of production servers. I am trying to put together another
> application that PlumTree can be nice and talk to.
>
> Now, PlumTree passes information from the portal itself
> to third party applications via the http header. So somehow
> the PlumTree portal is manipulating the http header before
> it calls my function.
>
> The http header when I receive it (i.e. I can dump the header
> variables and see the values) includes things like ...
>
> CSP-CAN-SET = 'Gadget,User'
> CSP-GATEWAY-TYPE = 'PlumTree'
> CSP-PROTOCOL-VERSION = '1.1'
>
> My function can then, through the use of getHttpRequestData,
> see/read/use these header values.
>
> I am attempting to test my function on a development box -
> separate from the PlumTree system - and was trying to figure
> out how to set these variables before calling my function -
> i.e. make it look like PlumTree is doing the calling.

Again, a command-line HTTP client will do this just fine. I'd use netcat for
this, since it'll let you write a text file with the headers you want. You
can use netcat on Unix or Windows platforms. The Windows version is
available here:

http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/network_utilities/

Your text file might look something like this:

GET /yourdirectory/yourfile.cfm HTTP/1.0
Host: www.yourserver.com
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword,
application/x-shockwave-flash, */*
1.0.3705)
Connection: Keep-Alive
Csp-Can-Set: 'Gadget,User'
Csp-Gateway-Type: 'PlumTree'
Csp-Protocol-Version: '1.1'

You could then call it like this:

nc -vv www.yourserver.com 80 < yourheaders.txt

Note that the quotes in your headers aren't standard; I just copied the
values in your example. I don't know if they should be there or not.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444