Hello all,

I am tasked with designing an application that will handle a signup
process for an event.

This will be a multiple page form, including sections for
Entering user info,
Main event selection,
Sub-event selection,
Item selection for the event,
Entering Credit Card information to PAY for the event,

I only, of course, want to store all the information in the previous
forms if the user's credit card info is authorised and
The payment is reported as going through. Otherwise I don't want to
clutter the database with a lot of orphaned signup attempts.

Secondly I don't want to save information to the database at every
stage...because I don't want orphaned entries should the user decide in
Step 3 to
Not bother to signup and closes their browser/power outage etc. etc.

The user info alone tracks about ...ummm.... 12 fields of information.
Each step probably adds about 4 or 5 more fields of info..and there can
be multiple items selected for each event (Caps, shoes,jackets etc. ).

How the hell am I going to do this without saving data to the database
at each step, and only committing data to the database after the credit
card is authorised??

*sits and scratches head*
There must be something better than passing along an ever growing number
of hidden form fields from step to step. Especially when we are dealing
with the Items which could have multiple entries...Don't know how many
items they are going to want...

When I agreed to this I never really considered that it would be
complicated. After all..it's just an 'Event Registration' form...sounds
so deceptively simple ^_^

Any ideas???

-Gel