Theoretically if the cfml language had a complete xsd it could be validated
against, you could use the new xml functions in CF MX to parse cfml
templates to examine them for various conditions or to get certain
information out of them.

I could see potentially automatic diagramming of the flow control of a cfml
template (which might make any mistakes you'd made more obvious from looking
at it). A niche application to be sure. :)

Although you might be able to do that now dependant on how lenient the xml
functions are -- I haven't done any work with them yet, so I can't say from
experience.