take the first day of the next month and subtract one day.

From: Gordon Burns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: First and last day of Month
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 08:07:19 +0100

<cfset
Startdate=#DateFormat(CreateDate(Year(Now()),Month(Now())-1,01),"dd mm
yy")#>

will give me the first day of June ie the first day of last month.

I am struggling to get syntax for the last day of the month.

I had thought that getting the first day of this Month then minus
one day would be the most obvious but can not seem to get the syntax
correct.

I have tried using days in month but can not seem to get the syntax
correct there.

I also need to work in European date format dd mm yy.

If you have a date as a variable how do you add or subtract a
variable number of days?

Any help appreciated.

Gordon