I have a Flash  movie that uses Flash Remoting embedded in a page that worked fine
prior to turning on SSL on the server. Now, it only partially works:

1) If I use a browser from the server on which the movie exists and request the page,
the movie works fine.

2) If I user a browser from another machine and request the page, the movie loads, but
the Flash Remoting call does not seem to complete and the movie hangs.

Testing to see if Flash Remoting is working, I tried running:

https://mymachine.com/flashservices/gateway.

This too behaves oddly:

1) When I request this from a browser on "mymachine.com", the above returns the empty
HTML page as it should.

2) When I request this from a browser on another machine, I get a page not found
error.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or where to look to debug it?

thanks!