> Anyone ever implement a SQL Server cluster that's
> controlled by CF?
>
> That is, CF can determine if a SQL Server is down and
> direct queries away from the failed server.

I don't think you'd want to do this. The purpose of clustering servers is to
provide a single unified resource from an external viewpoint. For example,
with clustered web servers, a user doesn't pick one cluster member
specifically, he just type in "www.whatever.com" and the cluster figures out
how to direct him. Likewise, with a database cluster, the fact that there
are actually multiple database servers should be unimportant to the
application server using that database cluster.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444