> THis would go into the top of my logoff.cfm file?
>
> I tried it and I can still click the IE back button and go
> back the the previous template.

This would need to go into each page that is currently being cached by the
browser, that you don't want the user to be able to see after logging out;
when you click the back button, the browser is simply retrieving the last
page from its cache.

However, since all they'd be seeing is what's in the cache, you typically
don't really have to worry about this. So what if they see a cached page
they saw a few minutes earlier? What's important, typically, is that they
can't rerun the page on the server. For example, if they click on a link
from the cached page that goes to another page on the server that isn't
cached by the browser, they should be forced to login again.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444