> My point exactly. I need order, reusability, documentation
> that couples well with implementation. Let's face it, for
> CFers, Flash requires a significant paradigm shift, one that
> I believe is much more dramatic than the shift from Static
> Pages to Dynamic Pages.

Yes, I agree, but I don't think that the problem would be solved by having a
standard framework. You'd still need to know Flash pretty well. This will be
true for any significantly different environment - the lessons you've
learned as a CF programmer will only take you so far in, say, building
Windows desktop applications using C#, for example.

The problem here is not a new one - building Flash interfaces is
significantly different from building HTML interfaces, I think. I also think
that a lot of people tend to dismiss or underestimate that difference. Sure,
Flash may be easier than Java Swing apps, but it's different - and more
difficult, I think - than CF.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496