Rick,

You may want to take a look at a custom tag called CF_QueryToStruct.
Basically it will take a query like yours and convert it to a struct that
would look like this:
MyQuery.MyVar.MyValue

I've used this tag with great success in a situation something like yours.

Find the tag at:
http://devex.allaire.com/developer/gallery/info.cfm?ID=CA34740D-2830-11D4-AA
9700508B94F380&method=Full
(yep, the url probably wrapped - if you want, just search in the Developers
Exchange for "QuerytoStruct")

Kevin

At 05:16 PM 7/9/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>The "why" for the following is an email unto itself, so if possible any
>ideas on "how" would be greatly appreciate.
>
>The cfquery name="MyQuery" is selecting from the following db table:
>
>MyKey    |    MyVar            |     MyValue
>0001        |    ClientName      |    Rick
>0002        |    SeminarsFor    |    aerospace
>0003        |    RAMPrice        |    stable
>
>Now I need to write (without looping or cfifing or cfswitching) or (changing
>the the table itself) and (caching of some sort is desired):
>
>The name of your seminar is: #MyQuery.SeminarsFor#
>The state of CA is: #SomeOtherQuery.HighTaxes#
>
>The only way I've been able to do it so far is to rebuild the above table
>into:
>ClientName |    SeminarsFor    |    RAMPrice
>Rick            |    aeospace        |     stable
>
>But this constant table manipulation isn't practical.
>
>Is the answer in sql? structures? arrays? or ?
>
>TIA,
>
>Rick

Kevin Marshall
Web Application Developer