Just to put my spin on this, I'm doing a proof of concept project for a friend
that will be used to secure a patent (pending). This project has already killed
a PHP programmer who said it could not be done. The proof of concept code was
done in 3 months in less than 200 lines. Now most of that time was taken dealing
with the logic of the situation(s) but the point is, it got done where PHP could
not do it (and yes, the first attempt was by a pro PHP programmer).
CF is not just about easy or quick. It's also about understandable code that can
do the job tightly rather than something that looks like word soup and take
hundreds of lines for a single operation. Anyone can look at my code and see
what I'm doing at any point. Maybe not WHY I'm doing it but they at least know
what's going on.