> In CF4.51 administrator, one can disable tags such as CFREGISTRY
> for security purposes.  There is also a setting for "unsecured
> tags directory" where these imposed tag restrictions should not
> apply. Why then can I not run scheduled tasks when CFREGISTRY is
> disabled. From its behavior, it would seem that the "unsecured tags
> directory" is not recursive. I see mention of this issue in the
> support forums, but no explanation or resolution. Does anyone know
> why this must be, or if there is some workaround?

You're correct; the only unsecured directory is the root directory of the CF
Administrator. I tried adding multiple directories to the Registry, but this
didn't work so well. I also tried moving the scheduler page into the same
directory, and it's got some CFINCLUDEs with absolute paths, so that didn't
work well either (and I was too lazy to dig further in that direction).

However, if you want a workaround, there is a way to do it. It's an annoying
way, but it'll work. You'll have to enable CFREGISTRY while you're
scheduling your task, then disable it when you're done.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444