Austin:

That's all you need.  The CFAPPLICATION tag is not used to create
application-wide variables.  It is used to define the context of an
application.  Once the application context is defined, you can create
application-wide variables like:

        <CFSET APPLICATION.VarName = Value>

Note the addition of the "APPLICATION." scope identifier.

Your code, as it is currently written, first defines an application context
and then defines a local variable.  However, since the local variable is
being defined in the Application.cfm file, which is executed prior to every
request, it's as if each requested file is defining the variable locally.

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC