I agree 100% with this.  We can go on and on ad nauseum (and likely will)
debating over who sucks more...Macromedia or Opera.

I'd have to say at this point, they're both in the 'wrong' (for lack of a
better term).  As Jochem said, if MM would validate to a w3 standard, such
as XHTML, that would end the discussion right there, IMO.

I've been trying to write consistently valid XHTML of late, and still
encounter browser issues.  At least, being XHTML compliant, I can
 -legitimately- state that the browsers need to make some changes.

There's really no good reason (that I can think of) for any current browsers
to not render valid XHTML appropriately.

That being said...it really is disappointing that macromedia.com won't
validate.

charlie