There, I feel better now.

Hi, it's me again with... another... SOAP... problem.  <groan>

Ok, I've been able to get all sorts of web services to work in MX at this
point.  A couple of dozen just to play with the different data formats, and
a good number for *actual work* work very well.  However, there's one that's
driving my nuts, hence my note here...

I'm attempting to connect to a travel agency web service and write some
data.  The data that's to be passed in the SOAP request is a fairly large
chunk of XML in a single string.  Why it's not better structured, I don't
know.  Anyway, I've tried all sorts of ways to pass the data to the service,
but for some reason, this particular service keeps timing out.  I know this
is on my end, because a packet sniffer doesn't register any communication
with the agency's server.

The XML I'm passing is a test document provided by the company -
approximately 2,200 characters.  There's no way this is too big for CF to
pass is it?  The error I consistently get, regardless of the machinations I
submit the request to is this:

----------

Could not perform web service invocation "writeW3segment" because AxisFault
faultCode: http://xml.apache.org/axis/:Server.userException faultString:
java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect faultActor: null
faultDetail: stackTrace: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out:
connect at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) at ...

etc. etc. etc. (huge Java stack message)

----------

The thing that stands out to me is the "Operation timed out" message that
shows up at the top of the stack.  Obviously, CF (Axis) is choking on some
aspect of my request, and fails after about 30 seconds.

I'd be more specific (like providing the WSDL link or the data structure
itself), but this is dealing with proprietary information, and if it got
around that I was passing this around, I'd get hung out to dry, so I have to
deal with generalizations.

Has anyone else had non-syntactical <cfinvoke> issues that caused it to just
die before it even sent a request out?  It works fine for every other
service it's calling but this one.  Also the company says it's working fine,
and other clients are able to access it without difficulty, but we're the
only ones who have attempted to use ColdFusion before (like that should make
any difference - I can send valid SOAP requests with any language).

Any insight is most appreciated (assuming you've read this far!  Sorry!).

- Jim