I would try using THIS as the name, or pass it to the function as such:

onblur="myfunc(this);"          <----- USING THIS
onblur="myfunc(myField);"       <----- PASSING NAME

function myfunc(thisObj){
        if ((isNan(thisObj.value))
        // Whatever else
}

THIS would be the easiest way, especially if you're dynamically creating
that field using a document.write() statement.

I'm not a JavaScript expert, so don't quote me on this, but I don't
THINK that objects get created in the DOM if they're created with a
document.write() statement. At least, I've had trouble using literal
references to form objects created this way - using THIS circumvents the
issue. If I'm wrong about the object not being in the DOM when created
through document.write() someone please correct me, I'd like to know
this for certain.

It seems like that would be incorrect and that it WOULD be in the DOM,
but I have never been able to get a name reference to work correctly
with elements created through document.write().

Joshua Miller
Head Programmer / IT Manager
Garrison Enterprises Inc.
www.garrisonenterprises.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(704) 569-9044 ext. 254

except where the sender states them to be the views of
Garrison Enterprises Inc.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]