You are correct in assuming that it is a cold fusion document. However,
you will not be able to execute the page unless it is running on a cold
fusion server. Were you not able to view the file on the website you
downloaded it from?

If you want to install a personal version of cold fusion server on your
computer, you can go to www.macromedia.com --> products--> cold fusion
and downlad a trial/developer version for free.

If you are simply wanting to look at the code of the .cfm file, you can
open it in WordPad or NotePad.

Candace K. Cottrell, Web Developer
The Children's Medical Center
One Children's Plaza
Dayton, OH 45404
937-641-4293
http://www.childrensdayton.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/7/2003 10:14:40 AM >>>
Hello,

May I have a minute of your time?  Would someone here be able to tell
me what application my windows PC should launch to open a file with a
.cfm extension?

I'm a genealogist and downloaded a court index from Maine.  It came
with a .cfm extension, and from my searches, it appears that .cfm is for
Cold Fusion.  If this is not accurate, please excuse me.

Any information, referral to manuals or links, etc. is appreciated.

Thank you.

Linda