> I am NOT saying "ANY".. software is not perfect!. We are
> not talking about one specific issue... CFMX has had numerous
> issues... (Check Updater Docs... if you want to start counting
> them)

Every complex software product I've ever seen has numerous bugs. I'm not
sure why you'd expect CFMX to be any different.

> > My solution is to find the best way to solve a problem.
> > If JDBC-ODBC doesn't work well in CFMX, but "pure" JDBC
> > does, my solution may well be to recommend "pure" JDBC.
>
> Yes.. JDBC is a Solution/Alternative.. Not a fix to the
> software(cfmx) BUG.
>
> Example...CFMX had COM Issues...am not sure where it
> stands now... Any COM functionality can be replicated
> very well through a Java Bean.. So in your theory...
> Instead of MM fixing COM issues... you probably will
> ask all your developers to re-write every COM in a
> Java Bean?
>
> You have really have interesting theories.

No, I don't have any theories, just observations. If there are two ways to
do something, and one works better than the other, I'll recommend the one
that works. If I need COM interoperability, I might not recommend a CFMX
solution. For that matter, I might not recommend CF 5 for that, either. But
I'm not going to wait for perfection from any vendor.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444